Visual Studio 2013 RC - cannot view HTML in browser ? RRS feed

• Question

• User1165458675 posted

HI,

I downloaded Visual Studio 2013 RT and I am having problems viewing .html page  in a web browser.  I still have Visual Studio 2012 on my machine and if I right click in the .html file I can select - 'View in Browser'.  Also in VS2012 there are three buttons at the bottom of document - Design, Split and Source.  These three buttons are not visible in VS2013.

Question : Why can't I view a .html file I created in Visual Studio 2013 in a web browser ? 

I have tried to spot any differences in Tools - Options but I can't see any.

Sunday, September 22, 2013 11:39 AM

Answers

• User1165458675 posted

Hi

thanks for the help.  I got a browser working but previously there was just the Attach button instead of Internet Explorer?  Also the Design/Split/Source is there also but I don't remember what I did to get them up.  

I will take a look at the URL you posted and maybe write down a request.  I have used VS2012 quite a bit but have been scratching my head at 2013.  

Thanks again.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:52 AM

All replies

• User1165458675 posted

any ideas ? its not hard

Sunday, September 22, 2013 7:51 PM
  • User-1454326058 posted

Hi aindriu,

Thanks for your post!

As far as I know, there are more feature in VS2013 RC, such as with bi-directional communication between VS and the browser. That is better than the design view.

Question : Why can't I view a .html file I created in Visual Studio 2013 in a web browser ? 

Please refer to these references below:

# What’s new in Visual Studio 2013

http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/visual-studio-2013#story-2013preview

# Visual Studio 2013 RC for Web Developers - One ASP.NET, Browser Link, and our Direction

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/VisualStudio2013RCForWebDevelopersOneASPNETBrowserLinkAndOurDirection.aspx

Thanks

Best Regards

Monday, September 23, 2013 10:53 PM
  • User1165458675 posted

Hi

Thanks for the reply.  I still cannot view a simple .html file that I coded rendered in a browser though.  I want to check the html  I have written on screen actually works in a browser.  How can I do that ?

Bi-directional communication doesn't solve my problem.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 3:49 AM
  • User-1426144113 posted

Hi,

Could you can click the debug button in the toolbar? Please provide the snapshort to me.

Thanks

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 4:04 AM
  • User-1454326058 posted

Hi aindriu,

I installed the Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 Preview, then create a website and a web project. I find there is no design view in the .html page. However I can view this page by right click it and select view in browser.<!--?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /--><o:p></o:p>

I would like to know is there a Browser with option when you right click the .html file in the VS2013?<o:p></o:p>

If so, please select the Browser with, then check whether are there any browser in it. If not, please add a new browser in it and check the result.<o:p></o:p>

We can view this html page in the Page Inspector by right click it and select View in Page Inspector. Then we can modify the code and check the update in Page Inspector.<o:p></o:p>

Thanks<o:p></o:p>

Best Regards<o:p></o:p>

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 4:08 AM
  • User1165458675 posted

hi,

There is no option for browser when I right click on a html file in Visual Studio 2013.  How do I add the browser ?

Also should there not be design option for .html ?

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 4:21 AM
  • User-1454326058 posted

Hi aindriu,

1. We can add the new broswer in the Browser With Window. https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A3BC62556604ACB7!127&authkey=!AL-5FAHzbVIPwiE&v=3

2. Is it have the View in Page Inspector item when you right click on a .html file in the VS2013?

Please try to add a .aspx page to your project and check whether is it have View In Browser when you right click it.

Also should there not be design option for .html ?

I did some research, but not find any articles about it. In my opinion, I suggest that you could submit this feature request:  http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio. The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. If you submit this suggestion, you might post that link here in order to someone else have the same issue.

Thanks

Best Regards

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:34 PM
  • User1165458675 posted

Hi

thanks for the help.  I got a browser working but previously there was just the Attach button instead of Internet Explorer?  Also the Design/Split/Source is there also but I don't remember what I did to get them up.  

I will take a look at the URL you posted and maybe write down a request.  I have used VS2012 quite a bit but have been scratching my head at 2013.  

Thanks again.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:52 AM
  • User-1426144113 posted

Hi,

I got a browser working but previously there was just the Attach button instead of Internet Explorer?

Do you mean it has th Internet Explorer after you add a browser? By default it is the internet explorer in my VS2013.

Also the Design/Split/Source is there also but I don't remember what I did to get them up

Do you mean the Design/Split/Source also in HTML page?

Thanks

Thursday, September 26, 2013 8:24 AM