none
Add from Azure - You need to register and activate before you can start syndicating!

Question

• I am using the latest build (1.0.171020.1).

Completed the steps for registering with azure, no errors generated during that part. The azurestack resource group has been created in Azure.

Log file ends:

2017-11-16.04-51-38: Activating Azure Stack (this may take up to 10 minutes to complete).
    2017-11-16.04-57-40: Azure Stack registration and activation completed successfully. Logs can be found at: C:\MASLogs\AzureStack.AzureRegistration.2017-11-16.04-42-17.log  and  \\AZS-ERCS01\c$\maslogs
    2017-11-16.04-57-40: *********************** End log: Add-AzsRegistration ***********************

Do i need to setup Azurestack or add anything to it to accommodate the marketplace, i have only created the default ContosoVMRG resource group, nothing else?

How does Azurestack communicate with Azure to get the list of marketplace items (Could be a firewall blocking things on my end)?

Thursday, November 16, 2017 11:30 AM

All replies

• After the registration is successful, you could go ahead and verify the registration as mentioned below.

Verify the registration:

1. Sign in to the administrator portal (https://adminportal.local.azurestack.external).
    2. Click More Services > Marketplace Management > Add from Azure.
    3. If you see a list of items available from Azure (such as WordPress), your activation was successful.

Note: After registration is complete, the active warning for not registering will no longer appear.

For more details, you may refer the docs below:

Azure marketplace items available for Azure Stack

Register Azure Stack with your Azure Subscription

Create and publish a Marketplace item

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 3:25 PM
  • Hi, thanks for the comment.

When i navigate through the portal to verify the registration i get that messsage: 

You need to register and activate before you can start syndicating

The registration has completed successfully as per the log.

Friday, November 17, 2017 11:29 AM
  • Hi, this is still an issue for me, so any help appreciated!

I see the instructions for registration were updated last week:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-stack/azure-stack-register

I deleted the Azurestack resource group from Azure and unregistered - re-registered the Microsoft.AzureStack Resource provider.

I have downloaded the latest Add-AZSRegistration and ran it. Once again it has completed successfully. But when i go to the portal (Marketplace management - add from Azure)  i get the same message... "You need to register and activate before you can start syndicating"

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 12:28 PM
  • Hello,

The registration script needs to run by the default provider subscription owner and downloading of Marketplace Items (Add from Azure) needs to run by the default provider subscription owner.

The check run:

Login-AzureRmAccount -EnvironmentName "AzureStackAdmin"

Account          : azurestackadmin@azurestack.local

SubscriptionName :

SubscriptionId   :

TenantId         : 641b64fe-5cd2-473c-bf4c-2113183011c1

Environment      : AzureStackAdmin

Login-AzureRmAccount -EnvironmentName "AzureStackAdmin"

Account          : cloudadmin@azurestack.local

SubscriptionName : Default Provider Subscription

SubscriptionId   : 911fadae-d885-xxxx-xxxx-79a3f26982b8

TenantId         : 641b64fe-5cd2-473c-bf4c-2113183011c1

Environment      : AzureStackAdmin

Note: In Azure Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) deployed environments running ASDK Build 20171122.1, the azurestack\azurestackadmin account is no longer the owner of the Default Provider Subscription. Instead of logging into the Admin portal / adminmanagement endpoint with the azurestack\azurestackadmin, you can use the azurestack\cloudadmin account, so that you can manage and use the Default Provider Subscription.

Even the azurestack\cloudadmin account is the owner of the Default Provider Subscription in ADFS deployed environments, it does not have permissions to RDP into the host. Continue to use the azurestack\azurestackadmin account or the local administrator account to login, access and manage the host as needed.

See the Azure Stack & ASDK Release notes

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-stack/azure-stack-asdk-release-notes

Let us know how it goes.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Thursday, December 07, 2017 8:21 PM
  • Hi Gary / Ajay,

I don't have an environment called azurestackadmin.

When i run login-azurermaccount i get logged into my azure account.

Confused by what you have asked me to do here. It looks like i am trying to login to azure as azurestackadmin or cloudadmin. I cant login to azure as my azurestackadmin or cloudadmin.

When i login to the portal as cloudadmin, under marketplace i now have about 15 items listed.

Availability set / storage account / DNS / Key vault.

Is that right? I would expect to see a lot more, i was hoping to POC / demo things like a hosted webapp or Jenkins / Chef automate.

• Edited by TheboatPJ Friday, December 08, 2017 10:24 AM
    Friday, December 08, 2017 10:19 AM