none
outlook macro RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a macro written in outlook that I need to run Monday-Friday at 5pm.  How can I automate this?

Thanks

Friday, January 27, 2012 8:44 PM

Answers

• First - Outlook must by always ON

Secound - You can use OnTime method or IETimer.ocx control to measuring time

Private Sub Application_Startup()
         Application.OnTime TimeValue("17:00:00"), "MyMacro"
    End Sub

Oskar Shon, Office System MVP

Press if Helpful; Answer when a problem solved

Friday, January 27, 2012 10:26 PM

All replies

• First - Outlook must by always ON

Secound - You can use OnTime method or IETimer.ocx control to measuring time

Private Sub Application_Startup()
         Application.OnTime TimeValue("17:00:00"), "MyMacro"
    End Sub

Oskar Shon, Office System MVP

Press if Helpful; Answer when a problem solved

Friday, January 27, 2012 10:26 PM
  • Oskar,

Came across this post on a non-related issue: Where can I download the IETimer.ocx. I've taken on an Access 2000 database. I'm running Office 2010 on Windows 8. Every time I open the database, I get ietimer.ocx link broken or missing reference error message. then the second error is missing DAO2335.tlb version 3.5 reference. Neither are in my library and not finding in on Microsoft.com site.

Any ideas?

Chris Freeman IT Project Mgr.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 6:18 AM
  • Application.OnTime doesn't exist in the Outlook object model. Perhaps you're thinking of Word and Excel?

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 2:05 PM
  • Ken,

The error message I get is from Access. I open the database and get "...missing or broken reference to the 'IETIMER.OCX' version 1.0, and then "...missing or broken reference to the 'dao2535.tld version 3.5' messages.

I can't find these in Microsoft site, and other sites claim to have it, but they look a bit shady, misspelled English and all, so I don't want to download them.

Any ideas where I could find or how to fix this issue for Access?

Thanks

Chris Freeman IT Project Mgr.

Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:27 AM