Feature Lost & Wanted

All replies

• Develping Windows 8 is very complex task, the developer preview is just idea and prototype of what Windows going to be, all feedbacks will read by product team and changes will made , there are still ways to final release.
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 10:28 AM
  • 'C_D_T',

Thanks but, as a Microsoft Beta Tester through Vista & Win7 & now involved w/ Win8, you have not said anything of which I am not already aware.  I am working w/ the Win8 Dev Preview, streamed the Build Conference & am cognisent of the timeline, steps & stages.  I, also, work via Connect.

Still, thanks for your reply/comment.

Regards,
    Drew
    Drew MS Partner / MS Beta Tester / Pres. Computer Issues Pres. Computer Issues www.drewsci.com
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 5:12 PM
  • I suspect you're arguing for a feature that was barely used and against the general consensus that 'coolbars' in all applications were mostly confusing and disliked by end users. Since the specific use case you're suggesting, i.e. putting icons around the screen, can just as easily be accomplished by placing shortcuts directly on the desktop itself, I'm not really sure it's a terribly compelling argument for bringing them back.
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 7:09 PM
  • Look, Andy, sorry if you misunderstood... I am just being a 'messenger boy'... this functionality or the lack thereof doesn't matter to me.  Please put your comments in the original thread (click LINK below)& to the people who actually care about this.  Thanks.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/848edecd-184e-4c59-acfd-2f917d8a1de8
    Drew MS Partner / MS Beta Tester / Pres. Computer Issues Pres. Computer Issues www.drewsci.com
    • Edited by Drew1903 Saturday, October 1, 2011 7:59 PM
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 7:59 PM