Metro app problems?

Question

• I've been having some problems with a few of my Metro apps, and was wondering whether Microsoft or someone else could create a "reinstallation package." all it would take is finding out where the Metro apps are stored on the disk, and then zipping them all up :/ I would really appreciate it. If you could, here's the basic steps you'd need to take:

1. Find out where the Metro apps are stored
    2. zip up all the Metro apps
    3. upload the zip file
    4. post reply with link to zip file
    5. make me happy :)
    Sunday, October 09, 2011 4:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello!

Very few of my Metro apps are working, here's a list of some of the ones that ARENT working:

Socialite

Twitter

News

Weather.

When I launch, say, Weather, it get's stuck on the loading part. When I launch Socialite, it displays the black patterned background, but nothing else. I really have no idea what's going on...is there any way I could reinstall those?

Saturday, October 08, 2011 2:13 AM
  • UPDATE 1: The apps have worked before....just today they stopped working :/

Saturday, October 08, 2011 2:17 AM
  • I've been having some problems with a few of my Metro apps, and was wondering whether Microsoft or someone else could create a "reinstallation package." all it would take is finding out where the Metro apps are stored on the disk, and then zipping them all up :/ I would really appreciate it. If you could, here's the basic steps you'd need to take:

1. Find out where the Metro apps are stored
    2. zip up all the Metro apps
    3. upload the zip file
    4. post reply with link to zip file
    5. make me happy :)
    Sunday, October 09, 2011 4:44 PM
  • :P MY APPS JUST FIXED! But still, it could help other people if someone could find out where the apps are stored...
    Sunday, October 09, 2011 5:01 PM
  • MAScodes, your best bet is to reinstall to get those apps back. The Windows Developer Preview is not set up for app installation the way you describe. I find VMs to be very handy for these kinds of things.
    Monday, October 10, 2011 2:50 PM
  • You could also try the new Windows 8 reset feature.
    Tim Heuer | Program Manager, XAML | http://timheuer.com/blog | @timheuer

(if my post has answered your question, please consider using the 'mark as answer' feature in the forums to help others)
    Monday, October 10, 2011 4:44 PM
  • Mark Tim's reply as answer. VM won't be the right approach...
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:04 AM