Lanuh outlook from metro application programatically RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting access denied error while  trying to open outlook from my metro application by using the following line of code.

windows.System.Lanuncher.LanuchUriAsync(new uri(mailto:rbethamcharl@abc.com)).

Could someone  provide more info on this.Do I need provide any access for this to work or is there any other way to do this.

Thanks & Regards

Ravi Kumar B

Windows

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 1:26 PM

All replies

• I am getting denied error while  trying to open outlook from my metro application by using the following line of code.

windows.System.Lanuncher.LanuchUriAsync(new uri(mailto:rbethamcharl@abc.com)).

Could someone  provide more info on this.Do I need provide any access for this to work or is there any other way to do this.

Thanks & Regards

Ravi Kumar B

Windows

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 1:23 PM
  • Hi Bethamcharla,

Try this:

var mailto = new Uri("mailto:?to=a@a.com"); 
    await Windows.System.Launcher.LaunchUriAsync(mailto);

I tested it, nothing denied occurs.

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:05 AM
  • I tried this but no luck!!!
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 5:48 AM
  • Hi Bethamcharla,

Ok, there are some steps which can help to find out where is the problem. And can you post all the error message to us for a better analysis?

You could new a project and use windows.System.Lanuncher.LanuchUriAsync(new uri(mailto:rbethamcharl@abc.com)) to see if there is a access denied error. Also try to open Outlook by your current user to see if the user have permission to run Outlook.

Or have you installed some other Mail software and set them as defalut?

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:45 AM