Can I filter my images based on image path? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone.  I see the search box at the top, but it doesn't seem to work to filter the results like I want.  I found the find box, but this doesn't filter, it just takes me to the first result...

Basically, my images are in a number of different folders on my computer and I wanted to filter these images by folder path so that I can create catalogue sets for each folder...  Does anyone happen to know how I can do this?  I haven't had any luck so far.

Thank you for your help.
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:42 AM

Answers

• Why don't you filter your images using the Folders section within the Organise panel?

Alternatively there is a script supplied with xMedia that creates keywords based on folder details.  Select some images and the under the Script menu in the Annotate section is a script called 'Keywords from Folders'.  This will prompt you to select how many levels down your directory tree you want to go.  If your images are in a directory called c:\images\2009\2009 02 25 Family\ and you run it for 3 levels you should get keywords of 'images', '2009' and '2009 02 25 Family' created, with all the images in that directory assigned to these keywords.  You'd have to migrate to catalogue sets manually...

If these don't help then you need to explain your requirements better.

Ian
    • Marked as answer by C_Newbie01 Wednesday, February 25, 2009 3:44 PM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 8:29 AM

All replies

• Why don't you filter your images using the Folders section within the Organise panel?

Alternatively there is a script supplied with xMedia that creates keywords based on folder details.  Select some images and the under the Script menu in the Annotate section is a script called 'Keywords from Folders'.  This will prompt you to select how many levels down your directory tree you want to go.  If your images are in a directory called c:\images\2009\2009 02 25 Family\ and you run it for 3 levels you should get keywords of 'images', '2009' and '2009 02 25 Family' created, with all the images in that directory assigned to these keywords.  You'd have to migrate to catalogue sets manually...

If these don't help then you need to explain your requirements better.

Ian
    • Marked as answer by C_Newbie01 Wednesday, February 25, 2009 3:44 PM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 8:29 AM
  • Thank you very much for your response.  I didn't realize that Folders list was there.  I really feel stupid now...  I really appreciate your help and everything.  :)

Thanks Again,
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 3:44 PM