none
dynamics 365 entities metadata?

Question

• Need to copy the dynamics 365 entities data to sql server. Understood ADF won't Getmetadata functionality for dynamics 365.    

is there any alternative way to get the dynamics entities metadata i.e table structure?

I can think up only, going individual table basis through kingsoftway connector through SSIS destination create new table script. But how to achieve bulk script creation with multiple tables in one go?

Thursday, August 30, 2018 1:23 PM

All replies

• You can use XRMToolbox, which is a pretty vital add on to tech developing in CRM. I have been using the Metadata Document Generator plugin to drop an entity to Excel. The most manual process is getting rid of all of the virtual fields in the excel. I have a formula that creates the JSON notation for the schema for each attribute in the table. Drop in into a text editor, find and replace CRM data types to ADF data types (Picklist to Int32, Memo to String, etc.) you can then edit the code in the portal, drop that in, and you've got your schema. I should really automate that and submit to XRMToolbox.
    Friday, August 31, 2018 3:57 PM