Datagrid/GridView in .NET Core 2.0 RRS feed

Answers

• User475983607 posted

bootzilla

I've done some searching for this and can't find a clear answer on how to build a grid in .NET Core 2.0. Does anyone know the best way to go about doing this?

Scaffold a View.  Right click an action method.  Select Add View... Pick the List template and select a Model.  The wizard will create a Bootstrap Grid.

If you are using Entity Framework, you can scaffold all the code for a basic CRUD; Controllers and Views.  Keep in mind the ASP Core tutorials cover these concepts.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, June 14, 2019 8:41 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

bootzilla

I've done some searching for this and can't find a clear answer on how to build a grid in .NET Core 2.0. Does anyone know the best way to go about doing this?

Scaffold a View.  Right click an action method.  Select Add View... Pick the List template and select a Model.  The wizard will create a Bootstrap Grid.

If you are using Entity Framework, you can scaffold all the code for a basic CRUD; Controllers and Views.  Keep in mind the ASP Core tutorials cover these concepts.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, June 14, 2019 8:41 PM
  • User-2054057000 posted

In ASP.NET Core 2.0 you don't have GridViews, Repeaters, etc. You have to create these kinds of Grids to show data using HTML in your Views. It is not difficult to do so, and you will find them quite easy. 

I strongly recommend you to check this tutorial where this type of Grid is created in the View using HTML. The link is here.  

Saturday, June 15, 2019 3:37 AM
  • User-37275327 posted

Are you gonna create a datagrid from scratch? if so below might helpful to kick start

Article

Or are you trying to find out grid system to use at ease, find below, super easy to use

Datatables

Sunday, June 16, 2019 8:09 AM
  • User-854763662 posted

Hi bootzilla ,

As mgebhard said , you could scaffold all the code for a basic CRUD: Controllers and Views , and you could also  add sorting, filtering, and paging functionality according to  this tutorial .

For working with ASP.NET Core and DataGrids , you could refer to the following links :

https://ej2.syncfusion.com/aspnetcore/documentation/grid/getting-started-core/

https://www.telerik.com/blogs/asp-net-core-and-data-grids

Best Regards ,

Sherry

Monday, June 17, 2019 6:44 AM
  • User-501297529 posted

bootzilla

Hi bootzilla ,

As mgebhard said , you could scaffold all the code for a basic CRUD: Controllers and Views , and you could also  add sorting, filtering, and paging functionality according to  this tutorial .

For working with ASP.NET Core and DataGrids , you could refer to the following links :

https://ej2.syncfusion.com/aspnetcore/documentation/grid/getting-started-core/

https://www.telerik.com/blogs/asp-net-core-and-data-grids

Best Regards ,

Sherry

Hi all,

I get an error when I right click on Index action to Add View. The error says 'There are no scaffolder supported for this item'. I'm using VS 2019. Tried researching this error but don't get a clear answer. Some say I have to install the most recent version of 2019 which I already have. There are no updates. Does anyone have any suggestions to this issue.

Monday, June 17, 2019 2:42 PM
  • User475983607 posted

I get an error when I right click on Index action to Add View. The error says 'There are no scaffolder supported for this item'. I'm using VS 2019. Tried researching this error but don't get a clear answer. Some say I have to install the most recent version of 2019 which I already have. There are no updates. Does anyone have any suggestions to this issue.

I assume the error is correct and the selected item is not supported.  We do not have the steps to reproduce this error and therefore cannot comment on a solution.  Are you following the tutorials linked in the previous threads?

Monday, June 17, 2019 3:18 PM
  • User-501297529 posted

mgebhard

bootzilla

I assume the error is correct and the selected item is not supported.  We do not have the steps to reproduce this error and therefore cannot comment on a solution.  Are you following the tutorials linked in the previous threads?

Yes I'm following this tutorial https://www.yogihosting.com/crud-operations-entity-framework/ but when i tried to Add View from one of the steps in that tutorial that's where I got that error.

Any suggestions on if I should follow another tutorial if this is not the best one to use.

Monday, June 17, 2019 3:46 PM
  • User-854763662 posted

Hi bootzilla ,

If  your project is ASP.NET Core MVC , you could refer to this tutorial to automatically create CRUD action methods and views .

If you use ASP.NET Core Razor Pages , please refer to this official article Razor Pages with Entity Framework Core in ASP.NET Core.

Best Regards ,

Sherry

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 9:23 AM