Changing title of printing preferences window.

Question

• I'm developing metro UI for printer drivers. Is there a way to dynamically change title of printing preferences title on the application initialization stage? 
    Monday, March 19, 2012 12:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Sergey,

That bar's color, title and image are all based on information from your Metro style device app's manifest file. They can't be changed at runtime, but if you fill out everything in your app's manifest file you can make it appear more branded.

Thanks!

Justin

• Marked as answer by Sergey_M Tuesday, March 27, 2012 9:32 AM
    Monday, March 26, 2012 7:40 PM
  • The Title, background color, text color, and the small logo on the Advanced Print Settings app is taken from the <Applications><VisualElements> tag in the app manifest.

Monday, April 9, 2012 8:38 PM

All replies

• Sergey,

I will look into this for you.

Best Wishes - Eric

Monday, March 19, 2012 7:42 PM
  • Sergey,

can you please confirm what title you are looking to change? Are you trying to change the app's splash screen? Or the bar at the top of the print preferences fly out?

thanks

Justin

Thursday, March 22, 2012 10:21 PM
  • I want to change title (and image, if possible) of the bar at the top of the print preferences fly out.

Thank you!

Saturday, March 24, 2012 6:38 AM
  • Hi Sergey,

That bar's color, title and image are all based on information from your Metro style device app's manifest file. They can't be changed at runtime, but if you fill out everything in your app's manifest file you can make it appear more branded.

Thanks!

Justin

• Marked as answer by Sergey_M Tuesday, March 27, 2012 9:32 AM
    Monday, March 26, 2012 7:40 PM
  • The Title, background color, text color, and the small logo on the Advanced Print Settings app is taken from the <Applications><VisualElements> tag in the app manifest.

Monday, April 9, 2012 8:38 PM
  • That bar's color, title and image are all based on information from your Metro style device app's manifest file. They can't be changed at runtime, but if you fill out everything in your app's manifest file you can make it appear more branded.

But that means, the title will have to be static. Is there any way to make it show current printer name, for example (like the standard Metro style Printing Preferences does)? I mean the case when I use single Metro-style device app for many drivers.

Also, if I use a single app for both the Start Experience and the Advances Printer Settings experience - does that mean that I will have to choose some single title that will be appropriate for both of these experiences? I.e I can't have "Fabricam printers" title for Start Experience and "Fabricam Printer Settings" title for printer settings experience at the same time, can I?

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 12:36 PM