none
Bing Maps V8 Bing Logo cannot be hidden RRS feed

• Question

• When initialising the map, setting the map option 'showLogo' to false does not hide the Bing logo in the bottom left corner of the map, i.e. the following code does not have the desired effect:
    map = new Microsoft.Maps.Map('#myMap', {
    credentials: '',
    showLogo: false
    });
    Friday, July 1, 2016 9:07 AM

Answers

• Found the issue. This wasn't meant to be documented (docs updated now). The logo can't be hidden. This was something that was being considered and we had setup at one point, but after all the mobile support that was recently added, the map now uses logos that are better suited for mobile screens.

It's also worth noting that previous versions of Bing Maps didn't allow you to remove the logo either.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Wednesday, July 6, 2016 11:43 PM
    • Edited by Ricky_Brundritt Wednesday, July 6, 2016 11:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by gwenci Thursday, July 7, 2016 8:21 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 11:43 PM

All replies

• Why are you trying to hide the logo? You do know that the terms of use state you must include the logo, unless using the maps in a mobile application, in which case the logo can be added to a separate page.

Friday, July 1, 2016 4:15 PM
  • Yes, I am aware of and intend to abide by the terms of use. My post was simply to highlight a documented option to turn off the logo, which doesn't work.
    Friday, July 1, 2016 4:22 PM
  • I have the devs looking into this. It might be a case where it will only function when on a mobile device.

Friday, July 1, 2016 7:24 PM
  • Found the issue. This wasn't meant to be documented (docs updated now). The logo can't be hidden. This was something that was being considered and we had setup at one point, but after all the mobile support that was recently added, the map now uses logos that are better suited for mobile screens.

It's also worth noting that previous versions of Bing Maps didn't allow you to remove the logo either.

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Wednesday, July 6, 2016 11:43 PM
    • Edited by Ricky_Brundritt Wednesday, July 6, 2016 11:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by gwenci Thursday, July 7, 2016 8:21 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 11:43 PM