Regsvr32.exe is causing issues in my PC. NEED HELP !! RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I am trying to build my project files from my Visual Studio 2019 with "F5" or "Ctrl+F5", The Regsvr32.exe is popping up with an error saying "To Register a module, you must provide a binary name."

I attached the of the screenshot of the full error below,

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjZEJUZlPM7yizglAFZgGZ1j-sVh

Friday, August 14, 2020 9:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Abhijnan Saha,

>>This issue is happening after I formatted my entire PC few weeks ago.

Please follow the workaround to install UnrealVS Extension in your visual studio. And Confirm if UE4.natvis file has been copied to either of the following locations:

• [VisualStudioInstallPath]/Common7/Packages/Debugger/Visualizers/UE4.natvis
    • [UserProfile]/My Documents/Visual Studio 2019/Visualizers/UE4.natvis

If the error persists, we suggest you could redirect to UnrealEngine forum for better support.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, August 17, 2020 6:31 AM

All replies

• What kind of project are you trying to build?

Without further information my best guess is that your project has a post-build step that invokes regsvr32.exe but does not pass it a proper command line.

Friday, August 14, 2020 10:08 AM
  • I am trying to make a game by writing codes in VS2019 and compiling it to apply the effects in Unreal Engine 4. My way of doing it was always the same, I write the codes, I usually compile with "Ctrl+B"(When UE4 is open in the background), and then UE4 gives a notification sound when it is done updating my newly compiled VS codes. 

Now when I try to compile with "Ctrl+B" it says the compilation was a success, but the UE4 shows no response. I do launch my VS codes from Unreal Engine only. It still feels like the Visual Studio and the Unreal Engine are not at all in sync with each other. This issue is happening after I formatted my entire PC few weeks ago.

When I close UE4 and try to build the project files using "Ctrl+F5" or "F5" from VS, It shows me that Regsvr32.exe error. 

Tell me what else you need me to share for this !!   

Saturday, August 15, 2020 4:27 PM
  • Hi Abhijnan Saha,

>>This issue is happening after I formatted my entire PC few weeks ago.

Please follow the workaround to install UnrealVS Extension in your visual studio. And Confirm if UE4.natvis file has been copied to either of the following locations:

• [VisualStudioInstallPath]/Common7/Packages/Debugger/Visualizers/UE4.natvis
    • [UserProfile]/My Documents/Visual Studio 2019/Visualizers/UE4.natvis

If the error persists, we suggest you could redirect to UnrealEngine forum for better support.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, August 17, 2020 6:31 AM
  • Thank you very much, It kind of fixed my issue when I installed UnrealVS extension. If I encounter any other type of problems, then Ill inform here again, but for now its resolved. Thankyou once again.
    Wednesday, August 19, 2020 3:44 PM