Different Config files - In a single application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
     I am using one Composite UI Application Block - application.
    In the Shell application, there will be one app.config. This is for the application levels.
    Now there are different modules which will be hosted in the Shell application.
    Each of these modules will have their app.config (if required I can rename it Module1.config etc).
    Now my question is how all of these can be integrated?
    It should be flexible enough that a module developer should get access to the config of entries of it's own module along with the Shell applications' app.config.
    Would be great if I can some help or link on this?
    Regards,
    Arindam
    Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:37 AM

Answers

• Arindam Here said:

Hi,
     I am using one Composite UI Application Block - application.
    In the Shell application, there will be one app.config. This is for the application levels.
    Now there are different modules which will be hosted in the Shell application.
    Each of these modules will have their app.config (if required I can rename it Module1.config etc).
    Now my question is how all of these can be integrated?
    It should be flexible enough that a module developer should get access to the config of entries of it's own module along with the Shell applications' app.config.
    Would be great if I can some help or link on this?
    Regards,
    Arindam

I don't understand clearly: what is your shell application? Just a normal application or I am missing the definition of Shell?

If it is a normal app and the modules are a sort of plugin, I may suggest to implement a simple interface in the Shell which wraps to the app.config. Probabily you will need to separate configuration keys, like adding the name of the module in the key (and removing it when talking with the module in order to be transparent to that).

Tell me if this is helpful.

-- Sid (MCP - http://www.sugata.eu)
    • Marked as answer by Zhi-Xin Ye Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:16 AM
    Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:20 AM