Changing a Data source RRS feed

• Question

• SSRS 2008

I have created about 20 reports using the same data source. This weekend I replaced my SQL server and my reports stopped working. I then updated my data source to point to the new SQL server and redeployed all my reports and my data source. My reports now run fine in visual studio but don't run through the url.

I get the following error:

• An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
      • Cannot create a connection to data source 'M2M'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
        • For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors
    Monday, March 7, 2011 2:49 PM

Answers

• Do you have the property, "overwrite datasource" set to false in BIDS?  This would then not correct the DS that resides on the SSRS instance.  Either that or you can go into data sources (or the folder that your specific DS resides) and correct it there.
    Ted Krueger Blog on lessthandot.com @onpnt on twitter
    Please click the Mark as Answer button if a post solves your problem!
    Monday, March 7, 2011 2:52 PM

All replies

• Do you have the property, "overwrite datasource" set to false in BIDS?  This would then not correct the DS that resides on the SSRS instance.  Either that or you can go into data sources (or the folder that your specific DS resides) and correct it there.
    Ted Krueger Blog on lessthandot.com @onpnt on twitter
    Please click the Mark as Answer button if a post solves your problem!
    Monday, March 7, 2011 2:52 PM
  • Where do I find "overwrite datasource"? I do not understand the other option.
    Monday, March 7, 2011 3:56 PM
  • I found the "overwrite datesorce" setting. It is now working correctly.

Thank you.

Monday, March 7, 2011 4:28 PM