none
Problems during debug testing in visual studio 2015

Question

• Hello, 

Ok, so I started C++ programming on my own recently and it's been going fine for the most part. Now the other night I wrote a script, nothing advanced at all. I ran the program through the Debug testing, everything worked fine, tried it a second time and that's when all hell broke loose. 

Now, no matter what program I try running trough the debug proccess I only get a completely black CMD window. No text, no nothing and this problem seems to have appeared out of nowhere. Even if I start new project in different folders and try something as simple as the classic "hello world"-scripts I get nothing. Tried to google the only error message I get but I'm not sure what to make of it.

" Error LNK1168 cannot open D:\Ny mapp\ConsoleApplication1\Debug\ConsoleApplication1.exe for writing ConsoleApplication1"

I've already tried uninstalling visual studio, deleting all the files, folders and projects basically anything related to the program. Then reinstall it again only to find out the problem still persists!!! I really can't figure out what's the problem with the compiler and it's driving me insane at this point.

I've spent ~5 hours trying to fix this and I'd really appreciate if someone can help me solve this. I just hope I'm not simply forced to reformat my computer because of this. So much trouble just to do some hobby programming... 

I'm running Win10 and these components if that's of any help: SSD: Intel 520 240GB, Intel 530 240GB | CPU: i5 4690K  |GPU: Asus GTX 980 Strix DirectCU II | PSU: Corsair RM750W | MB: Asus Z97i-Plus | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 7:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Fromization,

>>Now, no matter what program I try running trough the debug proccess I only get a completely black CMD window.

If you debug a simple C# or VC++ Console app, did you still get the black CMD window?

If you run your VS as the admin or run it in safe mode, how about the result?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241278.aspx

Please close all "security" softwares, and check it again. I met some members met certain debugging issue using certain software like the Avast or others. So you'd better to check it in your side.

>> Error LNK1168 cannot open D:\Ny mapp\ConsoleApplication1\Debug\ConsoleApplication1.exe for writing ConsoleApplication1".

Like the MSDN document here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hhbdtt6d.aspx

Generally it means that one file may be in use and its file handle locked by another process, or you may not have write permission for the file, or for the directory or network share it is located in. So you could use the steps in above document to narrow down this issue.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, November 22, 2015 6:51 AM