none
HL7 accelerator pipeline error RRS feed

• General discussion

• I've been hammering away at this error for almost three days now and haven't even come close to finding a resolution. Hopefully, someone here has an idea. I've got an HL7 event schema I'm working with where the incoming schema has been customized by adding several Z Segments. Now, I've added Z Segments to other schemas we're currently using and I've not seen this error. This is the error:

Fatal error encountered in 2XDasm. Exception information is unable to cast object of type "Microsoft.Soutions. BTAHL7.Pipelines.SimpleField" to type "Microsoft.Solutions. BTAHL7.Pipelines.AbstractComplexDataEntity".

NOTE: When I look at the suspended msg in the Biztalk Group query none of the msg context info is showing up, and the body just shows the raw msg. So, I'm assuming it is just a traditional pipeline parse error, but there is no indication as to which segment the pipeline may be having trouble with.

Friday, July 29, 2011 3:40 PM

All replies

• I would try to work backwards, maybe try using a generated instance of your customized schema to see if this works through the pipeline.

I am honestly not that experienced with HL7, just trying to give some suggestions.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Friday, August 5, 2011 3:49 AM
  • You are right it is definitely a parsing error that is why you are seeing the raw message in the body part of suspended message. This error should not be in Z Segments as the DASM don't parse it. It should be in other segment part of this event schema. It seems that the DASM is encountering the multi- value field where it is expecting a simple. Something like

Encountered: |ABC^XYZ|

Expected:|ABC|

Don't forget to mark the post as answer or vote as helpful if it does, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitbiztalk.blogspot.com)
    Friday, August 5, 2011 4:30 AM
  • Hi,

You can review Eric's post (in general his blog is a good site for HL7 info).

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Friday, August 5, 2011 1:12 PM