SQL Connector - Timeout error retrieving table list RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am attempting to use the SQL Connector via the 'Get Rows (V2)' action to connect to an Azure SQL database (not on prem).

I am able to create a connection by specifying my server, db name, and credentials - no errors are encountered when I create the connection, so I assume the connector was able to connect to my db.

However, when I open the drop down list for 'Table name', it sits and says "Loading' for a while, and then returns the error message 'Could not retrieve values. The gateway did not receive a response from 'Microsoft.Web' within the specified time period.'

I have checked the documentation for the SQL Connector and tried searching these forums, but I have not been able to find anyone mentioning this issue.

I tried using the 'Execute a SQL Query (V2)' action to run a query that selects a couple columns for the top 100 rows from a table and it gives a 'GatewayTimeout' error. I can run the same query from SMMS on my desktop and it takes less than a second.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot the Gateway Timeout error?

Thursday, December 19, 2019 6:08 PM

Answers

• Thanks for getting back!

Due to the characteristics of your issue, it would be best if this issue is worked one on one. Could you send an email to AzCommunity[at]Microsoft[dot]com along with the link to this thread.

• Marked as answer by Corey Lunty Tuesday, December 24, 2019 3:53 PM
    Tuesday, December 24, 2019 6:48 AM

All replies

• This sounds like an intermittent issue. Could you please confirm if you are still seeing this?
    Monday, December 23, 2019 10:03 AM
  • Yes, I tested again a few minutes ago and observe the same behaviour.
    Monday, December 23, 2019 5:59 PM
  • Thanks for getting back!

Due to the characteristics of your issue, it would be best if this issue is worked one on one. Could you send an email to AzCommunity[at]Microsoft[dot]com along with the link to this thread.

• Marked as answer by Corey Lunty Tuesday, December 24, 2019 3:53 PM
    Tuesday, December 24, 2019 6:48 AM
  • Thanks, will do.
    Tuesday, December 24, 2019 2:59 PM