Subscribing To Windows Azure Connect RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to register myself to use and get used to "Windows Azure Connect" services. I referred to the page http://www.microsoft.com/windowsazure/virtualnetwork/, links are provided for us to register for the service.

But once i click on these links, i'm unable to proceed to get the registration completed. Any suggestions on how to proceed would be very helpful ?

Thanks.

Monday, May 30, 2011 5:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Sezhiyan,

> i'm unable to proceed to get the registration completed. Any suggestions on how to proceed would be very helpful ?

To request an invitation of Windows Azure Connect, please sign in the Windows Azure Portal. Then please select "Home" and "Beta Programs", select "Windows Azure Connect" in the product list then click "Apply for Access" button.

I'd glad to assist you if you are not able to complete these steps.

Thanks,

Wengchao Zeng
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Sezhiyan,

Once you have requested an invitation to the Azure Connect CTP program you will need to wait for access to be granted. This is not immediate - I recently requested access to the CTP for a new Azure subscription and it took a few days to receive the email letting me know that I had been granted access.

Hope this helps - and I hope you get access soon! And hope that you find it useful!

- Mike

Monday, May 30, 2011 5:58 AM
  • Thanks Mike.

I'm actually unable to get to the point where i can request for the invitation. Once logged into the portal, how do i get to the place where i can place the request ?

Monday, May 30, 2011 8:45 AM
  • Hi Sezhiyan,

> i'm unable to proceed to get the registration completed. Any suggestions on how to proceed would be very helpful ?

To request an invitation of Windows Azure Connect, please sign in the Windows Azure Portal. Then please select "Home" and "Beta Programs", select "Windows Azure Connect" in the product list then click "Apply for Access" button.

I'd glad to assist you if you are not able to complete these steps.

Thanks,

Wengchao Zeng
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:33 AM
  • Thanks Zeng.

After logging into the Windows Azure Portal, i don't see a "Home" option atall. I just get 4 options as URL. 1) Windows Azure 2) Sql Azure 3) AppFabric and 4) MarketPlace.

Instead if i click on the "Windows Azure Platform" link ( The top left most link on the page), i get to the Azure home page, where i also have a "Home" option, but that doesnt take me to the "Beta Programs".

I'm not sure if i'm missing something basic, or if the portal accessed from non-US sites are any different.
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 10:25 AM
  • Hi Sezhiyan,

After selecting the "Home" option, there will be 4 sub menus in the left pane, "Getting Started", "Common Tasks", "Help and Support" and "Beta Programs". If these options do not show up after selecting the "Home" option, maybe there is an issue on your SilverLight client. May I ask you to try using other browsers or other machines?

Screenshot: http://cid-483a30bdcae6c052.photos.live.com/self.aspx/AzureForum/Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Wengchao Zeng
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 1:50 AM
  • Thanks again Zeng.

I was looking into the old portal, and that was the reason all these menu options were not seen. Once i moved to the new portal, i could register a request.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 6:45 AM