How to get rid of .suo files? RRS feed

Answers

• Just delete those.

It contains information about what settings current user has selected for his/hers VS working environment, nothing that cannot be recovered/recreated. Other users won't use this same .suo file anyhow, as it is not stored in TFS (or it should not be there by default).

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 5:54 AM
  • Hi K.Kong,

Thanks for your post and sorry for the delayed response!

As Ilpo said, the .suo file is a user-specific file, and cannot be shared between developers. The .sln file can be shared between developers on a development team.

So based on my understanding,  you can delete the .suo files.

For more information, please refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/df8st53z.aspx

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, November 12, 2012 6:52 AM

All replies

• Just delete those.

It contains information about what settings current user has selected for his/hers VS working environment, nothing that cannot be recovered/recreated. Other users won't use this same .suo file anyhow, as it is not stored in TFS (or it should not be there by default).

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 5:54 AM
  • Ilpo, thanks.  Before I start deleting this file, would anyone or Microsoft like to second this recommendation?  Thanks.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 2:59 PM
  • Hi K.Kong,

Thanks for your post and sorry for the delayed response!

As Ilpo said, the .suo file is a user-specific file, and cannot be shared between developers. The .sln file can be shared between developers on a development team.

So based on my understanding,  you can delete the .suo files.

For more information, please refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/df8st53z.aspx

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, November 12, 2012 6:52 AM