none
ACCESS2013 does not ask for Sharepoint login RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am migrating from ACCESS 2007 and sharepount2007 to ACCESS2013 and Sharepoint2013

If I open my application and want to open a linked table the system keeps running, but nothing happens.

I would expect there a pop-up to login to my sharepoint.

If I go to: work offline" the popup with login is shown and after login everything works fine.

But I do not want to work off-line but on-line.

In ACCESS 2007 the pop up also shows up on the moment I open the first table.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 2:50 PM

Answers

• Hi SillemdeNie,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

The issue seems relative to specific version of Access. Based on my test, when we login in the SharePoint to add the link table from SharePoint list, the Access store the credential to our computer.

We can check the credential via Credential Manager. And based on my understanding, we can benefit that to use the link table easily instead of input use name and password every time.

If you want to disable the Access to link the SharePoint list, we can remove the credential from Credential Manager.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 8:49 AM