Error trying to globalize a page - problem with 'Generate Local Resource' - CS1513 RRS feed

• Question

• User1906887154 posted

I am going through globalizing a website I have, and one of the pages is giving me a lot of trouble.  When I am in design view, I click on Tools->Generate Local resource then I try to run the page, I get this error:

Compilation Error
    Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS1513: } expected

Source Error:

Line 1466:        }
    Line 1467:       
    Line 1468:        [System.Diagnostics.DebuggerNonUserCodeAttribute()]
    Line 1469:        private global::System.Web.UI.WebControls.Literal @__BuildControl__control26() {
    Line 1470:            global::System.Web.UI.WebControls.Literal @__ctrl;

Which is very odd.  I have dones this with many other pages and I have not had this happen - what could I be doing to cause this?  Any ideas would be welcome, thank you.

Saturday, September 12, 2009 7:26 AM

All replies

• User-1301010856 posted

Line 1466:        }

can you post some code surrounding this line, i suspect this area of code could be a problem..

Saturday, September 26, 2009 12:25 AM
  • User-530004931 posted

I've had this occur for me when supplying a routeValues parameter to HtmlHelper.ActionLink() method.  I had not closed the braces on my object initialization syntax:

<%= Html.ActionLink("Edit", "ProductEdit", new { id = Model.Product.Id ) %>

instead of

<%= Html.ActionLink("Edit", "ProductEdit", new { id = Model.Product.Id } ) %>

This is using ASP.net MVC, but I presume the same applies here as I received pretty much the same error.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009 4:27 AM