Application timeout password prompt RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application which accesses a compact database secured with a password. I use a form to prompt for the password when accessing the database. I want to keep this data secure so I  don't want to allow the application to be accessed later, say 5 minutes without the password form appearing again.

What is the best way to handle this? Should I detect when the device was sleeping the then prompt? Should I prompt every 5 minutes?
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 3:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As per your requirement you need to start count time, when your application goes to ideal, if the device having 5 minutes ideal then you have to open your login form in your application and reset time counter.

Please refer suspended by related thread see

hope this may be help.

If you find my post is helpful for you then mark as a answer.
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 5:15 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.

After more thought, I think I want to prompt for the password after 2 scenarios: the X is pressed and after the device awakes after it is suspended. I looked at the threads and they seem to be asking to keep the device awake. I am still searching for a way to determine if the device resumed from suspend. 
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 7:43 PM
  • OK, I found and implemented this code: http://blogs.msdn.com/anthonywong/archive/2005/06/07/426392.aspx

I always get either a 0 returned or some other unknown flag.

I am using a samsung saga and an emulator.

Does this device not support RequestPowerNotifications?
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 10:30 PM