Wireless keyboard connection

Question

• This should be just a simple bluetooth connection, but I am unable to get the wireless keyboard to connect to the Samsung Slate.

I am able to get it to detect the keyboard in "Add devices and printets". The problem is that it comes up asking for a passcode and a blank text field. I have no way of knowing what the passcode should be.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:45 PM

Answers

• Ok, I finally figured it out! You need to enter the "0000" with the virtual keyboard and then on the physical keyboard. I wasn't doing the second step because I was waiting for a prompt to do so.
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:20 PM

All replies

• On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 20:45:25 +0000, dbart57 wrote:

I am able to get it to detect the keyboard in "Add devices and printets". The problem is that it comes up asking for a passcode and a blank text field. I have no way of knowing what the passcode should be.

From other threads I think that pass code you're looking for is 0000
    (that's 4 zeros).

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    I am still waiting for the advent of the computer science groupie.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:57 PM
  • Yes, you can put 0000+Enter on the UI, and then type 0000+Enter on the keyboard to pair at this point.

Thanks,

EricLi [MSFT]

• Proposed as answer by EricLi [MSFT] Monday, September 26, 2011 4:07 PM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 10:01 PM
  • Thanks for the responses. I've tried the "0000" fix that has been posted, but it just tells me "The passcode isn't right. Try again.".

Is anyone else having this trouble?

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:04 PM
  • Ok, I finally figured it out! You need to enter the "0000" with the virtual keyboard and then on the physical keyboard. I wasn't doing the second step because I was waiting for a prompt to do so.
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:20 PM
  • I have the same situation and I tried that, but I received an error

That didn't work.  Adding your keyboard failed. Error code 0x8007001f, type 3. Try again.

Of course, I tried a couple of different times, with no success. Is there another work around?

Sunday, December 11, 2011 4:35 AM
  • Hey _m_l'u'l_m_,

Check to see if you encounter the same problem when using a fresh set of batteries. If that doesn't help, try visiting your computer manufacturer's website to download the latest drivers for your Bluetooth device.

If the driver isn't able to install successfully, try using the compatibility troubleshooter to see if it can help the driver to install properly. The compatibility troubleshooter can be opened by:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section
    • Select Search
    • Type Compatibility
    • Click Settings in the right column
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver. You will likely want to choose the choice for This program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now when it is given if the latest driver is only applicable to a different version of Windows.

Hope that helps.

Steven
    Saturday, December 17, 2011 9:28 PM