how do i access SQL Server Installation Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• how do i access SQL Server Installation Wizard
    Monday, June 16, 2014 7:05 PM

All replies

• EW does not install SQL Server.  You do that.  EW is a website design tool, with support for HTML, CSS, and, if you choose to use asp.net,  uncomplicated asp.net sites.  It's up to you to have the server environment you want to use on your PC.
    • Edited by KathyW2 Monday, June 16, 2014 8:31 PM
    Monday, June 16, 2014 8:30 PM
  • how do i access SQL Server Installation Wizard

That you're even asking this question indicates that you haven't any idea what Expression Web is, and haven't bothered to read a word of the Help file. You also appear to be completely clueless about SQL Server, which begs the question of whether you have a license (it's not free, unless you're talking about the Express version), or would know what to do with it if you had it installed.

What do you propose to do with it once installed? You do realize that it is not a file-based database like Access, with an Office-style user interface, right?

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 1:39 AM
  • Well now you guys are overstating this a tad maybe.

I do believe Expression Web comes with the ability to do logins and all for which the default database is the Free SQLExpress which in all liklihood is why the question about SQLServer is being asked in the first place (meaning SQLExpress).

To the the OP: If you are planning to work with SQLExpress at all, you are better off using Visual Web Developer Express to interact with the database. It's a sister program to EW  that works well hand-in-hand with EW.

You can get VWDExpress here and when you install it you will also get SQLExpress. I suggest you get the 2010 version instead of the later versions as many of the database tools have been removed from the later versions.

If this is the track you intend to go down, then you might benefit from the tutorials under my signature.

ClarkNK, A.K.A. HomePage Doctor
    HomePageDoctor.com -- Database Tutorials
    Ownertrades.com -- Created with Expression, VWDExress, SQL Express, and ASP.NET
    Arvixe -- My favored web host

• Edited by ClarkNK Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:54 AM typos
    Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:51 AM
  • No, Clark, we are not overstating anything. The OP did not not ask about SQL Server Express, but about the SQL Server Installation Wizard. There is, in fact, a SQL Server Installation Wizard, which is a Windows installer meant to do exactly what it says. It is not, however, a part of EW, nor is there any reason whatsoever to assume from the wording in the OP's post that anything associated with SQL Server Express was intended.

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 8:28 AM
  • Yeah you're probably right. That's the trouble with trying to divine intent. I was thinking that she would not have found this forum if not for working with EW. But who knows.

If she never comes back, no one ever will know ---

ClarkNK, A.K.A. HomePage Doctor
    HomePageDoctor.com -- Database Tutorials
    Ownertrades.com -- Created with Expression, VWDExress, SQL Express, and ASP.NET
    Arvixe -- My favored web host

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 2:30 PM
  • If she never comes back, no one ever will know ---

Yeah, and that's starting to get on my last nerve—the people lately who come, ask a question, and then never return to expand upon their initial post when told that we need more information, that their question makes no sense as posed.

cheers,
    scott

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 9:01 PM