none
Infoboxes not appearing where they should be after panning the screen (Bing Maps AJAX 7, Javascript) RRS feed

• Question

• I've seen others have had this issue, but I'm not really seeing a solution  This seems to be a bug.

My pushpins are placed on the map correctly, and when I click them, my htmlcontent infoboxes appear correctly.  Great.  However, if I pan the screen and click a pushpin, the infoboxes will appear in an incorrect part of the map.  If I then zoom in or out and click a pushpin again, the problem is fix (until I pan the map again).

We are replacing all of our Google Map controls in our application with Bing, and this is the last piece I need, everything else has been fine (though I wish clustering would be brought back).

Does anyone know what can be done to resolve this silly infobox location issue?  Our customers use IE, Firefox, and Chrome.  

• Moved by Ricky_Brundritt Saturday, March 10, 2012 12:04 PM (From:Bing Maps: Map Control and Web services Development)
    Saturday, November 12, 2011 9:22 PM

Answers

• A fix for this was rolled out on Friday. From my tests it's working correctly now. Retest now and report back if still having issues.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 7:28 PM

All replies

• There is no solution. The unaffected versions have even been 404'd from their servers so we can't even hardcode a reference to it anymore. 

We're all just sitting on our hands waiting for the dev team to fix this.

*Edit*: The last unaffected version was 7.0.2011100111334.47 (https://ecn.dev.virtualearth.net/mapcontrol/v7.0/js/bin/7.0.2011100111334.47/en-us/veapicore.js) which I can still reach occasionally. However it results in a 404 intermittently enough that we can't rely on it. As far as home-brewed solutions go that is the only option we have until this is fixed directly.

Monday, November 14, 2011 8:43 AM
  • Actually, it seems to be working fine in Chrome & Firefox.  In BOTH IE8 and IE9 no go.   So, I guess my solution is to communicate to my users the browsers and versions they may want to use to avoid the issue.  That and pray Bing Maps, who is Microsoft! will come out with a solution so that their own products work together correctly!
    • Edited by RRIEGER Monday, November 14, 2011 3:09 PM
    Monday, November 14, 2011 3:01 PM
  • Oh, thanks for this.  I will investigate that!
    Monday, November 14, 2011 3:09 PM
  • I have had to choice but to go back to the default infoboxes, which is annoying since I cannot find a way to format the text style/font inside.  The default infoboxes are just too bloated.  Hopefully a fix will come along soon for this.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 3:45 PM
  • @RRIEGER: default infoboxes are affected by this bug too. IE < 9 keep in mind.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 5:48 PM
  • A fix for this was rolled out on Friday. From my tests it's working correctly now. Retest now and report back if still having issues.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 7:28 PM