none
The type 'Conversions' exists in both 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.Core, Version=10.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' and 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' (NET Core 3.1) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm working on a C# project, and migrating it over to .NET Core.

One of the problems I'm facing is the following error:

The type 'Conversions' exists in both 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.Core, Version=10.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' and 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

I've installed various compatibility NuGet packages, but to no avail.

Has anyone encountered this error?

Thanks in advance

Peter

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 4:48 PM

All replies

• Are you migrating a C# project to Visual Basic?

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 6:16 PM
  • Hi

No, it's a C# project, but one particular file uses some Visual Basic APIs. In the 'old .NET Framework' version, I got around it by using 'using Microsoft.VisualBasic;' (Not as elegant as I want, but got the job done).

It's just one class causing this problem.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 6:46 PM
  • Hi PeterWagner,

Thank you for posting here.

Could you provide more details about these Visual Basic APIs? It will help us to analyze your problem.

We are waiting for your update.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 3:09 AM
  • Hi 

Yes, I'm working on a open source project hosted on GitHub, I've done most of the conversion, but its just a few files causing the issue. You can grab the source code here to look at https://github.com/Wagnerp/Krypton-Toolkit-Suite-Extended-NET

It works for all older frameworks, but not for netcoreapp3.1.

Saturday, January 25, 2020 11:24 AM