none
can't run .net app in windows 10 sandbox (version 1903) RRS feed

• Question

• I created a .net hello world test application, when I tried to run on the sandbox, i'm getting this error:

---------------------------
    ConsoleApplication1.exe - This application could not be started.
    ---------------------------
    This application requires one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:
     .NETFramework,Version=v4.5.2

Any thought?

Friday, May 24, 2019 9:22 PM

All replies

• If you open the projects properties what version of the .net framework does it say the project is targeting?
    Saturday, May 25, 2019 9:13 AM
  • It happens the same to me. It says the version 4.030319 is missing. And installers for that don't work

Edit: note that Framework is installed. However, if you go to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319 and click on an exe, it will fail to run.

I suspect this is a side effect of a recent patch. The first time I tried the sandbox, .NET exe run fine.

Saturday, May 25, 2019 3:14 PM

• Found! This is due to the KB4495620 installed on host. Uninstall it and Sandbow will support again .NET!

Giovanni Rinaldin

Saturday, May 25, 2019 5:13 PM

• Found! This is due to the KB4495620 installed on host. Uninstall it and Sandbow will support again .NET!

Giovanni Rinaldin

Hello, thanks for the answer but

What is exactly "KB4495620 installed on host" and how do I uninstall it?

Monday, May 27, 2019 8:43 AM
  • Go to Settings, and look for installed updates. Then uninstall the update KB4495620.

This must be done in your Windows installation, not inside the Sandbox (this means "on host").

Giovanni Rinaldin

Monday, May 27, 2019 8:46 AM
  • Go to Settings, and look for installed updates. Then uninstall the update KB4495620.

This must be done in your Windows installation, not inside the Sandbox (this means "on host").

Giovanni Rinaldin

Thanks for your help it worked!
    Monday, May 27, 2019 9:25 AM
  • I found the KB4495620 on my machine, but I can't uninstall it.  I believe it might have something to do w/ the device is managed by my organization.

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 3:34 PM
  • We all hope that Ms will release a corrected version of this update asap.

I don't have WU managed by organization, but after I uninstalled such update, it automatically re-installs after a reboot.

You can try with the WU troubleshooter to skip reinstalltion of this update.

Giovanni Rinaldin

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 3:41 PM
  • Still not fixed with the latest .net update.

any news from MS?

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 10:57 AM
  • Unfortunately this isn't the solution for everybody. I have this exact issue and don't have that update installed on the host. Running Windows 10 1903.
    Wednesday, August 7, 2019 9:25 AM