none
Windows 8 apps - payouts

Question

• How much does Microsoft take for a Windows 8 App?  Just curious! It seems to be about 50% and they won't pay out unless you've made more than £100 or so (GBP).  I wish they'd improve their App Store as well. I wanted to localize my App into several different languages, but it's such a pain with having to replicate screenshots in each language etc and then when I migrated to Windows 8.1 all the language codes go crazy.  I only wanted to support en-us, en-gb and fr-fr, but it makes me fill in details for fr-CA, amongst others.

I love the Microsoft tools, but I'm not too impressed with the App Store.  Anyway just about broken even if I ever get to see any of the cash which is debatable!

Maybe Android Apps are the way forward.

Sunday, December 8, 2013 11:03 PM

Answers

• Hello dirk_benedict,

Thanks for your question! When you sell apps through the Windows Store, we assess a Windows Store fee. For apps that generate less than $25,000 in sales, this fee is 30%. After the app generates its first $25,000 in sales, the fee on the subsequent revenue drops to 20%. These fees are officially defined in the App Developer Agreement. Always review that document if you have any questions. Also, I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with the Windows Store App.

Jonathan

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 12:37 AM