IVsOutputWindow.CreatePane returns 0x80004002 (No such interface supported). RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to write to output window. I have a Isolated Shell project.

I am using code from this guy's blog post

CreatePane() returns 0x80004002 which error lookup says is "No such interface supported". In COM, typically this error message comes as a result of QueryInterface() method when IID_Interface is not supported by the COM server, NOT when you'are calling a method on an object.

But funny enough, this time I am getting this on a method call.

Anybody knows why ?

Fahad

Monday, March 17, 2014 6:15 PM

Answers

• Sunny 1994,

Thank you for your message. I got it resolved. I have watched that video as well. Pretty informative and simple. I love South Africa!

My solution was.

I had edited the .pkgundef and .pkgdef files and had taken some components off (lots of them). I just reverted my changes and added everything back in (I had to create a separate temporary Isolated Shell to get the list).

Now I am not getting that error anymore.

Thanks

Fahad

• Marked as answer by Fahad349 Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:32 PM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:32 PM

All replies

• Are you calling from off the UI thread? It could be the case that the CLR is trying to create a proxy for the call and it is failing to find a registered proxy or the registered proxy dll.
    Monday, March 17, 2014 6:23 PM
  • I am calling from a UI thread. AFAIK.

But it is being called in Package.Initialize(). May be I can't use SvsOutputWindow during Initialization of the shell.

Fahad

Monday, March 17, 2014 6:48 PM
  • I tried moving my code from Initialize() to one of the Menu Item's event. And I still get the same error. So Initialize() is not really the problem here.

Fahad

Monday, March 17, 2014 6:53 PM
  • Hi Fahad,

Has your problem been solved?

I followed the blog you mentioned and I think the code snippet is ok.

Here is the screenshot of the result.

I suggest you watch this video.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/cc510252.aspx

Best regards,

Sunny

• Edited by Anna Cc Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:37 AM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:32 AM
  • Sunny 1994,

Thank you for your message. I got it resolved. I have watched that video as well. Pretty informative and simple. I love South Africa!

My solution was.

I had edited the .pkgundef and .pkgdef files and had taken some components off (lots of them). I just reverted my changes and added everything back in (I had to create a separate temporary Isolated Shell to get the list).

Now I am not getting that error anymore.

Thanks

Fahad

• Marked as answer by Fahad349 Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:32 PM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:32 PM
  • Hi Fahad,

Thank you for sharing your solutions & experience here, it will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

Best regards,

Sunny

Thursday, March 20, 2014 2:21 AM