none
What is wrong with my Interop? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am building an interop from C++ DLL for the use from a c# solution as reference library.

I am using visual studio 2017.

The solution uses .Net framewrok 4.5.2.

I currently have a working c++ dll with a certain file version and a matching interop I created using tlbimp.exe with no version and this works OK for me.

The thing is - I now want to update the c++ DLL file version and create a new interop but once I do that (whether the Interop is being generated with file version and whether it isn't ) the solution compiles ok using the new interop but when I run the application It cannot reach it.

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 1:12 PM

All replies

• The thing is - I now want to update the c++ DLL file version and create a new interop but once I do that (whether the Interop is being generated with file version and whether it isn't ) the solution compiles ok using the new interop but when I run the application It cannot reach it.

Exactly what do you mean by "cannot reach it"?
    Tuesday, February 26, 2019 3:34 PM
  • Hi Tali,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor. I will move your case to c# forum and it will be helpful if you can provide more info about your project.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 7:54 AM
  • Since you mentioned tlbimp that means this is a COM component right? In your COM component did you update the ProgId to a new version? If so then the client app needs to use the new ProgId. Posting the code the client is using, how you added the reference to it in the client and how you've defined the COM registration logic in C++ would be useful.

Michael Taylor http://www.michaeltaylorp3.net

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 3:08 PM