none
Add hyperlink to paragraph inside field in Word 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I've been trying to add a hyperlink to a paragraph inside a field but it ends up adding a field hyperlink that is applied to the whole content of the field as opposed to just the paragraph.

I first write XML to the field and then try processing it so that hyperlinks are created for each paragraph that contains a string "Available at".

Any help is appreciated.

I've also asked for help on StackOverflow.

if (!string.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(bibliography))
                        {
                            const string linkToken = "Available at ";

field.Result.InsertXML(bibliography);

foreach (Paragraph paragraph in field.Result.Paragraphs)
                            {   
                                var paragraphText = paragraph.Range.Text;

var indexOfLink = paragraphText.IndexOf(linkToken, StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase);

if (indexOfLink >= 0)
                                {
                                    var linkStart = indexOfLink + linkToken.Length;
                                    var linkPart = paragraphText.Substring(linkStart);

Uri uriFound;

if (Uri.TryCreate(linkPart, UriKind.Absolute, out uriFound))
                                    {
                                        object linkAddress = uriFound.ToString();

paragraph.Range.Hyperlinks.Add(paragraph.Range, ref linkAddress);
                                    }
                                }
                            }
                        }

Thanks

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 3:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello

I've been trying to add a hyperlink to a paragraph inside a field but it ends up adding a field hyperlink that is applied to the whole content of the field as opposed to just the paragraph.

I first write XML to the field and then try processing it so that hyperlinks are created for each paragraph that contains a string "Available at".

a hyperlink in a field or a paragraph ? not very clear about this, what I can suggest, you sould  check the paragraph.Range in here

paragraph.Range.Hyperlinks.Add(paragraph.Range, ref linkAddress);

Thursday, April 30, 2015 12:23 AM
  • Why not find all your need key words and add hyperlink to it.

here is an article:  Insert Hyperlink to word in C#,VB.net.

Thursday, April 30, 2015 3:33 AM