none
Access the webcam using Windows API RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any Windows API to do this? . tried using DirectShow but its samples doesn't seem to work in Visual Studio 2017
    Friday, April 13, 2018 1:22 AM

All replies

• DirectShow IS the Windows API for this.  Where did you get the sample, and what did you find when you  built it?

Tim Roberts, Driver MVP Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Friday, April 13, 2018 9:53 PM
  • I got the sample from the folder in which it got installed

also I downloaded it from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8279

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Samples\multimedia\directshow\

also when I open these samples a windows emerges saying that Visual Studio will make changes in this files because they cant be opened in the version they were created then a migration page opens,the whole project is in red and I cant build it

Friday, April 13, 2018 11:18 PM
  • Hello DLL1205,

DirectShow in C# is through the DirectShow.Net library - it wraps all of the DirectShow COM APIs and includes many useful shortcut functions for you. You could check the below link.

DirectShow.Net library

Best Regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 16, 2018 5:48 AM