vs2010 standalone shell - menu removal problems RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to cut down the number of menu options available to end user of the standalone shell.

Editing ApplicationCommands.vsct works to remove some menu items, but when uncommenting this entry:

<Define name="No_ViewToolbarsMenu"/>

I get an error when running the compiled .exe:

"A problem occurred when loading the [.exe name] menu ..."

similar when trying to uncomment <Define name="No_ViewMenuCommands"/>

Aim is to remove the View->Toolbars menu item.

I also want to remove the Tools->Customize many as it as well gives end user access to the large number of toolbars that our app will not use.

Any ideas on how to achieve the above, or just generally how to get the barest vs2010 Standalone Shell working?

Adam

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:37 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I was able to reproduce the issue you are seeing. I have reported a feedback through Visual Studio & .NET Connect site: 

(https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/559562/msdn-visual-studio-extensibility-forum-remove-some-menu-from-vs2010-isolated-shell-cause-errors-of-the-isolated-shell#). 

This issue will be routed to the product unit who works on this specific feature area for triage and resolution. I’ll paste all responses from the product unit in this thread. And you also can click the link and add the feedback to your watchlist ( you need to log in using your account) so that you can get informed as soon as product units respond.  It may be some time before we get response from product unit. Please be patient. 

Thanks

Chao

• Marked as answer by Chao Kuo Wednesday, May 19, 2010 2:25 AM
    Monday, May 17, 2010 1:30 PM