none
No AK3/AK4 segments in 997 file from EDI with parsing errors RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am working with an 837I EDI scenario and relying on a receive port with an EdiReceive pipeline to perform the splitting of the incoming message into individual claims for subsequent processing. I have the splitting operations going fine and properly feeding to my processing.

My current problem is with the 997 files when there are parsing errors. If I have a segment field with an invalid value, that error is detected, the error is reported to the errorlog but no corresponding AK3/AK4 segments are generated in the 997. The 997 file does have an AK2/AK5/AK9 indicating that the transaction set was rejected. The odd thing is that earlier these errors were getting reported to the AK3/AK4 segments. In between, I did a bit of (presumably) unrelated development, and moved the ports/orchestrations/schemas to a new BizTalk application. But I can't identify anything which would cause the AK3/AK4 reporting to stop functioning correctly.

Is there any known setting in the ports, parties, schema, or other related artifact which would stop reporting the detected errors into the 997 as AK3/AK4 segments?

Thank you.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 9:10 PM

Answers

• Are you using multiple schema by any chance? In that case, this is a known issue, and Biztalk will not generate AK3 segment. AK3 is an optional segment and reports the errors in a data segment and identify the location of the data segment "with reference to the original EDI instance", which is skipped in the multiple schema case. Otherwise, you should be able to see AK3 segment in 997s generated while using single schema.

• Marked as answer by edhickey Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:13 AM
    Monday, December 1, 2008 1:00 PM

All replies

• Are you using multiple schema by any chance? In that case, this is a known issue, and Biztalk will not generate AK3 segment. AK3 is an optional segment and reports the errors in a data segment and identify the location of the data segment "with reference to the original EDI instance", which is skipped in the multiple schema case. Otherwise, you should be able to see AK3 segment in 997s generated while using single schema.

• Marked as answer by edhickey Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:13 AM
    Monday, December 1, 2008 1:00 PM
  • I am having the same issue. Incoming 810 files used to generate AK3/AK4 segments in the generated 997s. Now those segments are not being generated any more.

What do you mean by "multiple schema"? I have only one EDI 810 schema deployed. I am using BizTalk 2009.

Any help?

Monday, February 7, 2011 9:12 PM