A problem when using Proximity API to find peer and make connection by bluetooth

Question

• Hi friends,

I met a problem when I want to set up a bluetooth pairing using proximity API. I referred the sample "ProximityConnect" from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/hh465205.aspx

And added below 3 lines:

Windows.Networking.Proximity.PeerFinder.AllowBluetooth =  true;

Windows.Networking.Proximity.PeerFinder.AllowInfrastructure = false;

Windows.Networking.Proximity.PeerFinder.AllowWiFiDirect = false;

before "Windows.Networking.Proximity.PeerFinder.Start();" to only Allow Bluetooth for this work.

After Ran the App on 2 devices and tap them in proximity, I can see "Peer found. You may now pull your devices out of proximity", but can't see the "Connected. You may now send a message" info. If I try to send some text this time, there'll be "You must enter proxmity to send a message" pop up, that means the connection was not successfully established.

I tryed to only enable wifi direct here and it's succesfull.

Don' know what I did was not correct here or miss something on BT setting? Thanks in advance for your suggestion/help !

Friday, July 06, 2012 3:11 PM

Answers

• The most likely cause of this issue is your Bluetooth radio is not installed correctly or enabled. Ensure that Bluetooth is functioning correctly on both devices by verifying that you can use Bluetooth for other tasks.

-Mike [MSFT]

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 12:21 AM

All replies

• Allen,

I am looking into this for you.

Best Wishes - Eric

Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:22 AM
  • The most likely cause of this issue is your Bluetooth radio is not installed correctly or enabled. Ensure that Bluetooth is functioning correctly on both devices by verifying that you can use Bluetooth for other tasks.

-Mike [MSFT]

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 12:21 AM