Azure AD Connect without On-Prem Exchange RRS feed

• Question

• In my environment there has never been on-prem Exchange, we migrated from Google App directly to Office 365, and we are in the process of implementing AAD Connect to synchronize our ADDS identities with AzuareAD. One issue that we've run into is the inability to modify certain attributes in Exchange Online, like HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled, and we're being directed to modify it On-Prem. This is not possible because ADDS has not been extended to include the Exchange schema.

Is there any workaround for this that *does not* include standing up on-prem exchange, or something kludgy like breaking sync on the object, converting to shared mailbox, hiding, converting back to standard mbox, re-enabling sync?

Thanks!

Thursday, October 4, 2018 2:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

no, sadly that is not possible currently. you need to install at least the Exchange Schema Extensions.

You can use other attributes and modify all the related Sync Rules in AADC but I would not recommend that.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by MohitGarg_MSFT Friday, October 5, 2018 11:25 PM
    Thursday, October 4, 2018 3:57 PM
  • I came across the attribute mapping method as a work around this and am investigating that solution. if we're not talking about a ton of attribute maps, then IMO is a cleaner and simpler solution than adding the exchange schema or dealing with an on-prem exchange environment to maintain.

Thanks!

Thursday, October 4, 2018 5:34 PM