Confirm user is logged in? RRS feed

• Question

• User180268958 posted

Hi all,

I want to confirm that a user is the logged in user before submission of sensitive data.

So, the user has already logged in (using membership/ roles) and when they click a button I want them to be prompted with a "confirm your password" dialog - in case a user has left the browser open without logging out or in case the Authentication timeout has occured.

I can code it myself but I wondered if there was already an in-built solution for this issue.  I looked at the stored procedures for Membership but couldn't see one that handled this situation.

Thanks.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 8:43 AM

All replies

• User724169276 posted

I wondered if there was already an in-built solution for this issue.

I dont think so.you have to customize the working accordingly.Let us know if you face any problem.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 8:45 AM
  • User71929859 posted

So, the user has already logged in (using membership/ roles) and when they click a button I want them to be prompted with a "confirm your password" dialog - in case a user has left the browser open without logging out or in case the Authentication timeout has occured.

In that case, you can use a mechanism like sending a code via an e-mail or SMS to the user and ask for that confirmation code before you proceed. That's how most the banking applications works.

Friday, April 11, 2014 5:07 AM
  • User180268958 posted

I don't want to be sending out e-mails and/or SMS everytime a user wants to go to certain areas of the site.

I just have a confirm password dialog box and I check the entered password against the one in the database.

Thanks.

Thursday, April 17, 2014 4:33 AM