Beginner Developer C# Project Ideas RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone!

My name is Mike. I'm a Cloud App Developer in training, currently enrolled in the Microsoft Software & Systems Academy (MSSA). I don't have any real-world experience programming, but I feel like I've gained enough skills to work on something simple. As of today, I'm fairly comfortable with T-SQL and developing my strength in C#. Do you all have any side-project recommendations for someone with practically zero programming experience?

Any feedback is really appreciated!

Mike

Monday, September 11, 2017 6:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

You didn't specify what platform you want to develop your project like WinForm, WPF WCF, ASP.Net. I would suggest start from Console/ WinForm project and then climbing the stairs.

Well you could try developing following projects. Hope this helps you..

Calculator:

• Basic: Develop a simple calculator which will perform some arithmetic operation like add, substract etc.
    • Advance: Develop a simple calculator which will store it's operation results in a text file/ database

Phone Book:

• Create a simple phonebook project which will store your contacts information and a search option to get users contact info

Advance Project:

• Student admission system
    • Library management

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

• Edited by Sabah ShariqMVP Monday, September 11, 2017 9:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike.R.Ford Tuesday, September 12, 2017 3:20 PM
    Monday, September 11, 2017 9:08 PM

All replies