What do you think of the new site design? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

You've no doubt seen the new design on the forums and the Community web site. What do you think? I love the bright, cheery colors. Both the forum and community site look good in all the browsers I use, except IE6 where the text seems a bit splotchy and washed out.

Does anyone else have an opinion? I'd love to hear what you think, and to get a designer's take on the subject.

Some of the content has changed so if you need help finding stuff, I'd be happy to help.

Thanks, guys ...

Annie
    Friday, July 10, 2009 9:32 PM

All replies

• I like it! In fact, all I can kind are minor nit-picks.

Looking at this URL when signed in: http://expression.microsoft.com/en-us/cc136523.aspx

There is a white box that appears around my username in the upper right on FF 3.5. It doesn't look intentional to me.
    Cheers, Kevin
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 6:03 AM
  • Very mobile?  Very MID?

If so, maybe the discussions/forum website could lose the right hand margin and change Replies/Views columns to rows under forum topic?

It looks good and readable on an iPhone.

But for MIDs?

From

To

• Edited by BBB Sunday, July 12, 2009 10:05 AM Added a couple of images courtesy of Skydrive
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 10:58 PM
  • very nice site
    I return from time to time to watch all the video s
    greetings
    Sunday, July 12, 2009 7:54 AM
  • Hello germaine. Have you tried www.pixlr.com?
    Sunday, July 12, 2009 12:34 PM
  • Deebs thank you for the link will have a look at it
    I still work in design1 ,E3 , photobie and still learning vb language in visual basic express .
    I follow here the forum regularly always good to have some ideas
     greetings to all of the group (acrilyc time)
    Sunday, July 12, 2009 1:02 PM
  • I dig the punchier colors over the faded look it had before, as well as the handwritten font instead of the standard arial/helvetica that everybody seems to use.
    www.LeonTerry.com
    Monday, July 13, 2009 3:51 PM
  • Thanks for your comments, everyone!

vcsjones, I think the white box is just to make the user name stand out but I'm sure the tech folks will look into it. They are following the comments here.

deebs, have you installed Win 7 yet? Apparently there is a new version of Paint that is worth checking out. I haven't tried it yet, but there's a tutorial about it here: http://www.7tutorials.com/how-work-new-paint I'm anxious to try it but it will be a few months before I insall Win7.

Hi Germaine! =D

And thank you, VLTII, for your comments. I'm a fan of the new, cheery colors, too.
    Annie
    Monday, July 13, 2009 4:47 PM