pop up message box displayed at same time each day RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, so what im wondering is, is their a way to have a pop up message box displayed at the same time each day. It would just have some reminder text of things that users are required to do that sometimes they forget. My application is in vb express and im running everything from mdi form. So I guess i need code in my mdi form somehow based on the computers internal clock. but i have no idea how to do it. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Intozz
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 2:55 PM

Answers

• Just use a Timer.  Calculate the number of milliseconds from DateTime.Now to the next alert time.  Check this thread for code.

Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by Linda Liu Friday, July 3, 2009 9:26 AM
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 3:38 PM
  • Hi Intozz,

My suggestion is to create a WinForm application that displays a message box and add a task in the task scheduler to run this application at a specific time each day.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Linda Liu
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. end us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 10:44 AM

All replies

• Just use a Timer.  Calculate the number of milliseconds from DateTime.Now to the next alert time.  Check this thread for code.

Hans Passant.
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 3:38 PM
  • You can also write a windows service app that does the scheduling task for you. Give it a try it is easy.

Thanks Saicharan Manga

(Please donot forget to "Mark As Answer" if you find the answer helpful)
    • Proposed as answer by Saicharan Manga Sunday, June 21, 2009 11:48 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Linda Liu Wednesday, July 1, 2009 10:41 AM
    Sunday, June 21, 2009 11:43 AM
  • Hi Intozz,

My suggestion is to create a WinForm application that displays a message box and add a task in the task scheduler to run this application at a specific time each day.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Linda Liu
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. end us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 10:44 AM