Creating a many-to-many relationship RRS feed

• Question

• I have two measure groups on my SSAS 2005 cube, MG1 e MG2. I need to create a many-to-many relationship to distribuite one of the measure of MG1 respect to the dimension linked to MG2, DIM2. So, the rule of MG2 is the intermediate measure group. I have created a new dimension from fact table of MG1 and I have linked it to the MG1. I have created with success the many-to-many relationship between MG1 e MG2, but I cannot any value for the MG1 measures when I drag and drop the DIM1 in the cube browser. WHY?
    So I have tried to delete and recreate the MG2 in the cube structure and I can see the measure values for MG1 by DIM1, but in an aggregate manner and not distribuited respect of the dimension values for DIM1. WHY ???

Any helps to create correctly a many-to-many relationship between two existing measure groups (avoiding delete and recreate the measure group) and to distribuite correctly the measure values respect to the dimension linked to the intermediate measure group, please?

Many thanks
    Sunday, December 20, 2009 7:15 AM

Answers

• Hi pscorca,

i did not fully grab your problem maybe you can provide the create table statements with some sample data.

In the meantime I would recommend the following document:

http://www.sqlbi.eu/Portals/0/Downloads/M2M%20Revolution%201.0.93.pdf

This document from Marco Russo gives answers to questions asked in the context of many-to-many modeling.

Hope this helps

Tom
    • Proposed as answer by Raymond-Lee Tuesday, December 22, 2009 7:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Raymond-Lee Tuesday, December 29, 2009 3:42 AM
    Sunday, December 20, 2009 9:37 AM