none
EF 4.2 RC: where are spatial data? RRS feed

Answers

• spatial and enums types are not supported by EF 4.1 & EF 4.2 (RC) versions. A preview of this functionality is available in the June 2011 CTP version of EF (but this is not a supported version).

EF 4.1 & 4.2 are built on the core ADO.NET Entity Framework APIs that ship as part of .NET Framework. These features require changes to the core libraries and will be available when .NET 4.5 releases.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Valo Wednesday, October 12, 2011 4:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Enrico Gobbo Tuesday, October 18, 2011 10:04 AM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 5:19 PM

All replies

• Me too! Please, help us here...
    Thanks
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:40 PM
  • spatial and enums types are not supported by EF 4.1 & EF 4.2 (RC) versions. A preview of this functionality is available in the June 2011 CTP version of EF (but this is not a supported version).

EF 4.1 & 4.2 are built on the core ADO.NET Entity Framework APIs that ship as part of .NET Framework. These features require changes to the core libraries and will be available when .NET 4.5 releases.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Valo Wednesday, October 12, 2011 4:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Enrico Gobbo Tuesday, October 18, 2011 10:04 AM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 5:19 PM
  • And... When It will be available? Even in Beta version... This is the SADDEST news of the month!

Enrico

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 8:23 AM
  • Agree - this is a drag. I have just written an app based on native Spatial support. See the comments on this post as well: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/adonet/archive/2011/09/28/ef-4-2-release-candidate-available.aspx
    • Edited by rob_kent Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:49 AM
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:46 AM
  • Rob.. The company where I work in design roads, bridges, dams, and the adoption of GeoSpatial's tool will give me the ability to reduce drawing time and remove al lot of human errors (not mine errors... :D)!! How do you think will be my boss's mood after this news?

After a good test session, I will install June CTP on each PC that will use GeoSpatial until fx4.5 will be release, hoping that it will be as soon as possible!!

Enrico

Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:23 PM