lightswitch - where is choice list? RRS feed

• Question

• This is a stupid question but I am stumped.  I've added a property to the data designer and would like to make it a choice list.  However, I cannot find the choice list in the properties window.

I followed MSDN's suggestion and Beth Massi's suggestion, but cannot seem to access the choice list option.

Thanks.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:13 PM

Answers

• hi!

choice list can't be computed field, change it to regular and then you'll have choice option.. hth..

Kivito

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! (M.P.F.C.)

• Marked as answer by db_dweeb Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:56 PM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:29 PM
  • Those articles are part of instructions during IDE design of an entity in the LightSwitch intrinsic data source, they are correct. Your data source is external/attached and calculated fields are ready-only. Choice lists are for input validation and edit view.

So 'yes', for an external data source you can make an existing table/entity column/property a choice list.

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:52 PM

All replies

• hi!

choice list can't be computed field, change it to regular and then you'll have choice option.. hth..

Kivito

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! (M.P.F.C.)

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:29 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.  When you say "...change it to regular..." do you mean I need to add it to the database table?

It appears that MSDN's suggestion was what I attempted.  Is MSDN's suggestion misleading?

Thanks.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:38 PM
  • Those articles are part of instructions during IDE design of an entity in the LightSwitch intrinsic data source, they are correct. Your data source is external/attached and calculated fields are ready-only. Choice lists are for input validation and edit view.

So 'yes', for an external data source you can make an existing table/entity column/property a choice list.

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:52 PM
  • OK, thanks!

Thanks.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:56 PM