SDK Package: ToolWindowPane.Content update fails RRS feed

• Question

• If I change the Content propery of a ToolWindowPane the control is not updated.

It appears to only work when in the constructor of the ToolWindowPane extending class.

Is there an API to force the ToolWindow to "rethink" and draw update control elements?

Friday, September 9, 2011 8:04 PM

Answers

• Correct, you can't change the content via changing the Content property....but you own what you set into the Content property, so you could easily change that thing?  I.e. you give us say a WPF ContentControl whose child is your visual tree, you can't change the ContentControl you have given us, but you can (arbitrarily) change its children, say by swapping out its Content property for an entirely new visual tree.  The same holds for any other UI framework you could use (replace ContentControl with <WinForms control>, etc...)

Ryan

Friday, September 9, 2011 8:42 PM

All replies

• Correct, you can't change the content via changing the Content property....but you own what you set into the Content property, so you could easily change that thing?  I.e. you give us say a WPF ContentControl whose child is your visual tree, you can't change the ContentControl you have given us, but you can (arbitrarily) change its children, say by swapping out its Content property for an entirely new visual tree.  The same holds for any other UI framework you could use (replace ContentControl with <WinForms control>, etc...)

Ryan

Friday, September 9, 2011 8:42 PM
  • I have exactly the same problem. It would be very useful If you can show how to do it as I am new to WPF.
    Thursday, August 25, 2016 10:10 AM