Does PerfMon EnterpriseSSO GetConfigInfo counter include cached calls? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. Does anyone know if the PerfMon EnterpriseSSO GetConfigInfo counter included cached calls to SSO or not?  Developers are saying they are implementing caching but I want to double check. Thanks, Paul

• Edited by piancu Tuesday, August 28, 2018 7:25 PM
    Tuesday, August 28, 2018 7:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes EnterpriseSSO GetConfigInfo counter includes the cached calls to SSO, Default it refreshes the Cache after every 300 (5 min) seconds interval, if developers have implemented custom caching these values will refreshed post old interval completion and custom interval period completion subsequently.

For more information about the setting the Custom Caching for Enterprise SSO refer the Microsoft Documentation(Refer Link#1)

Link#1 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/biztalk/core/using-sso-efficiently-in-the-business-process-management-solution

HTH

Hope this Helps!!!! Regards, Note: Please Mark As Answered if you satisfy with Reply.

Thursday, August 30, 2018 7:57 AM
  • Well....what exactly do you mean by "implementing caching"?  Yes, it really matters.

I don't recall that the SSO client itself caches anything, so I'm saying NO, that Perf Counter is just the number of calls, no caching involved.

As for you Developers, if they were caching, GetConfigInfo should not be called at all so whether or not it caches becomes irrelevant.

You need to look at their code and step through it.

Thursday, August 30, 2018 1:19 PM