none
Can't open Access Web from desktop RRS feed

• Question

• After creating an Access Web App I open the app in Access from the "Customize in Access" link. and it opens fine. However, when I try to open the app from recent databases in desktop Access it will not open and I get the following attached error. I have to open the App again in the browser and go back to "Customize in Access" every time.

John Fletcher

Friday, January 15, 2016 7:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Edward,

All other Access Web Apps open fine. I decided to go the where the web access app file is stored on my PC and deleted it, then re-opened it from "Customize in Access" and it seems to be working again. Must have been corrupted. Any way it appears fine now.

Thanks

John Fletcher

• Marked as answer by SpaceData Tuesday, January 19, 2016 6:25 PM
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 6:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Space,

I made a test with your steps, but I failed to reproduce your issue.

When you open from desktop Access, did you get any window to enter your account information?

To narrow down this issue, I suggest you test another share point site in the same pc to check whether it is related with share point site.

In addition, I suggest you create a new Access web app from desktop Access to check whether you could create, and then test whether it could be opened from recent database.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 18, 2016 2:19 AM
  • Hi Edward,

All other Access Web Apps open fine. I decided to go the where the web access app file is stored on my PC and deleted it, then re-opened it from "Customize in Access" and it seems to be working again. Must have been corrupted. Any way it appears fine now.

Thanks

John Fletcher

• Marked as answer by SpaceData Tuesday, January 19, 2016 6:25 PM
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 6:24 PM