Learn .NET RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Can you please let me know what are the books needed to learn completely?

Suggest all the technology books in .NET like ADO,ADOMD,C#,ASP,etc?

Thanks,

Gopi

Saturday, December 3, 2011 3:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

you want to learn all aspects completly? I doubt that this is possible through books.

I think almost all technologies have books that you can read. Just search for the technology. The books I like to buy are the selfpaced training kits. They cover the main parts of the technology and provide a lot of exercises. And at the end I can check if I understood the content through an exam which gives me certifications.

But the topics and books you can read are big. I would add books that cover non technology specific stuff:
    - Object oriented design (e.g. "Object Thinking" from MS Press)
    - Project Management stuff (e.g. PMBOK from PMI in case of bigger projects or books about agile development e.g. "Agile Project Management with Scrum" MS Press)
    - Books that also tell you, how to develop applications. ("Microsoft .Net: Architecting Applications for the Enterprise" MS Press)
    - Maybe books that looks deeper into .Net e.g. "CLR with C# 3rd Edition"

Ohh ... and afterwards, you might want to do all other stuff, too:
    - You need to have SQL Knowledge so you can build databases.
    - Maybe you need Sharepoint knowledge?
    - Generic Windows knowledge - COM, COM+, ... all this is still not dead! You might have to work with native APIs / Components!

And very important: Reading a book does not really help you. You have to get your hands on it. You just have to write applications. So it is a very time consuming process. And I doubt, that you can learn something completly :)

I stick a lot to oreilly (which also prints the MS Press books) because they offer all these books as eBooks - a great thing if you want to be able to read it on Kindle, computer and mobile ....

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Proposed as answer by Horizon_Net Saturday, December 3, 2011 12:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Bob ShenModerator Wednesday, December 14, 2011 2:52 AM
    Saturday, December 3, 2011 6:17 AM
  • Hi

Checkout the unleashed series on .Net technologies.. They are one of the best in the subject.. 

Saturday, December 3, 2011 3:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you want to learn all aspects completly? I doubt that this is possible through books.

I think almost all technologies have books that you can read. Just search for the technology. The books I like to buy are the selfpaced training kits. They cover the main parts of the technology and provide a lot of exercises. And at the end I can check if I understood the content through an exam which gives me certifications.

But the topics and books you can read are big. I would add books that cover non technology specific stuff:
    - Object oriented design (e.g. "Object Thinking" from MS Press)
    - Project Management stuff (e.g. PMBOK from PMI in case of bigger projects or books about agile development e.g. "Agile Project Management with Scrum" MS Press)
    - Books that also tell you, how to develop applications. ("Microsoft .Net: Architecting Applications for the Enterprise" MS Press)
    - Maybe books that looks deeper into .Net e.g. "CLR with C# 3rd Edition"

Ohh ... and afterwards, you might want to do all other stuff, too:
    - You need to have SQL Knowledge so you can build databases.
    - Maybe you need Sharepoint knowledge?
    - Generic Windows knowledge - COM, COM+, ... all this is still not dead! You might have to work with native APIs / Components!

And very important: Reading a book does not really help you. You have to get your hands on it. You just have to write applications. So it is a very time consuming process. And I doubt, that you can learn something completly :)

I stick a lot to oreilly (which also prints the MS Press books) because they offer all these books as eBooks - a great thing if you want to be able to read it on Kindle, computer and mobile ....

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Proposed as answer by Horizon_Net Saturday, December 3, 2011 12:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Bob ShenModerator Wednesday, December 14, 2011 2:52 AM
    Saturday, December 3, 2011 6:17 AM
  • Hi

Checkout the unleashed series on .Net technologies.. They are one of the best in the subject.. 

Saturday, December 3, 2011 3:52 PM