none
Collapse auto-hide view via ESC?

Question

• I've used the push pin icon to auto-hide my Solution Explorer* view.  I click on Solution Explorer and it expands.  I'd like to be able to hit the ESC key and have Solution Explorer collapse again.  How can I do this?

* - Solution Explorer is just one example.  I'd like this behavior for all auto-hide views.

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013

Version 12.0.40629.00 Update 5

Thx

Thursday, May 12, 2016 7:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Justin,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

For your question, VS keyboard shortcuts by default, we I don't find such settings that could collapse auto-hide view via ESC key in Tools -> Options -> Keyboard currently.

But your suggestion is very important for us, I suggest you to submit this suggestion to UserVoice, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously.

Besides, if you would like to write an extension about this function, you could go to https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=vsx for dedicated support.
    Thank you for your understanding

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 13, 2016 9:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Justin,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

For your question, VS keyboard shortcuts by default, we I don't find such settings that could collapse auto-hide view via ESC key in Tools -> Options -> Keyboard currently.

But your suggestion is very important for us, I suggest you to submit this suggestion to UserVoice, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously.

Besides, if you would like to write an extension about this function, you could go to https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=vsx for dedicated support.
    Thank you for your understanding

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, May 13, 2016 9:38 AM
  • Thank you
    Tuesday, May 17, 2016 5:08 PM
  • Hi Justin,

If you submit this requirement to Visual Studio UserVoice, please share your feedback link here and then mark your feedback link as answer, which is benefit to other communities who has the same requirements to vote and add comments.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 5:58 AM