none
Customize the welcome screen in word 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I would like to customize the welcome screen/new button in backstage view. On the welcomescreen you have options for "featured" and custom/personal depending on your settings for userTemplates file path etc. I would like to put my own option here, is it possible. I can add a button above theese options but I would like it to look like the "featured/custom/peronal (tabs?)" is it possible?

/Lina

Monday, January 13, 2014 9:49 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Did you want customize the group under the New tab in backstage view as screenshot below:

As far as I know, we can’t customize this group under the New Tab in backstage view. This is built-in group in backstage view.

Here are some reference about Customizing Office 2013 backstage: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vsod/archive/2013/04/05/customizing-office-2013-backstage.aspx

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Marvin_Guo Monday, January 20, 2014 2:11 AM
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:31 AM

All replies

• Hello Lina,

Could you please take a screenshot of where exactly you want to place your controls?

Please take a look at the Customizing the Office 2010 Backstage View for Developers article in MSDN. It provides a comprehensive description of new possibilities introduced by the backstage view.

Monday, January 13, 2014 11:13 AM
  • Hi,

Did you want customize the group under the New tab in backstage view as screenshot below:

As far as I know, we can’t customize this group under the New Tab in backstage view. This is built-in group in backstage view.

Here are some reference about Customizing Office 2013 backstage: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vsod/archive/2013/04/05/customizing-office-2013-backstage.aspx

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Marvin_Guo Monday, January 20, 2014 2:11 AM
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:31 AM
  • Exactley what I tried to do. sorry that it can not be done.

Best Regards, P

Monday, January 20, 2014 12:34 PM