Where can I find information about content restrictions? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

There used to be detailed information about content restrictions and the groups of countries they applied to, such as "no alcohol references in countries X, Y and Z" or "no maps in China", on the app certification requirements.

However, the new "Windows and Windows Phone Store Policies" page has very little information about this. Requirement 11.10 vaguely refers to China banning references to disputed territories, without mentioning the exact meaning of "references". I can't find information about which countries ban alcohol references either, or whether there are other content restrictions I should know about. Also, the old "Content policies for Windows Phone" page, which is linked to from the app submission process, seems to have been stripped of this information.

I'm developing an app for students of an university, which contains various pieces of functionality including a map of the campus (that can be zoomed out to show the entire Earth) and the beer menu of the university's bar. Publishing it in a "safe" subset of countries is doable, but it prevents some exchange students from using the app since their phones are registered in e.g. China despite the fact that the university is in a "restriction-free" country.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Sunday, February 8, 2015 5:20 PM